Working in a nonprofit or health advocacy group often means that you don’t have the largest budget to use. Finding affordable and free tools that you can use in your organization is important in order to best allocate the funds that you have available. There are a number of essential tasks that you need to organize and make happen, and having the best tools at the lowest cost is imperative.
One of your essential tasks is giving presentations. In fact, giving presentations is a huge part of running a nonprofit. A great presentation can literally make or break one of your campaigns, fundraising events, or volunteer recruitments.
That’s why it is very important to utilize tools for your presentation that work great and have little to no cost.
Create Your Presentations With Prezi
Prezi is a FREE presentation software. With the use of motion, zoom, and spatial relationships, Prezi makes it simple for you to give life to your ideas and make you the absolute best presenter around.
Presenters will find similarities between Prezi and Microsoft’s PowerPoint software, but will find it simple to use with no need to download anything. Prezi is fully online.
Why Use Prezi?
There are a number of reasons why you will want to use Prezi for your organizational presentations. You will find the ease, accessibility, and the fact that it’s completely free, to be well worth it.
- Prezi has a one-of-a-kind open canvas that allows you to organize and view your presentation as a whole.
- Prezi includes “smart structures” that make it simple for you to organize and arrange your presentation’s content with a mere drag and drop, and no disruption to your layout.
- Prezi has a “zoom reveal” function that lets you focus in to dramatically unveil critical details as the story unfolds through your presentation.
- Prezi makes it simple to navigate through your conversational presentation. You won’t have to search through slides to find what you’re looking for, losing track of your presentation, as well as your audience.
How to Use Prezi
You can have Prezi up and running, creating top-notch presentations, in no time, by following just a few simple steps.
- Go to www.prezi.com on the internet and press on the blue “get started” button that is in the top right hand corner.
- You will be redirected to a page that lists pricing options and different Prezi packages, including a free one. Pick your choice. If you want the free account, click on “Continue Free.” You will then be prompted to enter your information in order to create your free account.
- After you have created your free account and logged in, you will be able to click on “Get Started,” and then “Start Creating.” You will be lead through an interactive tutorial, and once you finish the tutorial and exit out, you will be led to your Prezi dashboard.
- Start your Prezi by clicking “Create a new Prezi” on your dashboard. You will then be taken to your “Canvas” and be prompted to choose your template or start a blank one. Follow what you learned in the tutorial to craft the best presentation for your organization.
- You will be able to create as many frames as you need, add text, easily reorder your frames, edit the path of your slides, add images and videos, use a variety of themes and text effects, and even add 3-D backgrounds.
The possibilities are endless when you create your presentation with Prezi.