Are you thinking about running an ad on Google but have been put off by the cost?
WELCOME TO GOOGLE AD GRANTS!
In a nutshell, Google Ad Grants is a program that hands out free in-kind advertising funds to nonprofit organizations. Each qualifying organization receives up to $10,000/month in free advertising budget!
The program is available to nonprofits in over 50 countries including:
How to Qualify:
First and foremost, the organization must be a nonprofit organization and be registered as a charitable organization in their own country. All organizations must be verified by TechSoup or the local TechSoup partner.
Also, the organization may not be a governmental organization, a hospital or health care organization, or an academic organization. (However, philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible.)
There are a few restrictions to be aware of before you start:
- The monthly budget MUST be spent on ads to promote your mission, attract members, recruit volunteers, drive donations, etc. on Google search.
- The money CANNOT be spent on Google Search Partners or the Google Display network.
- Paid ads have priority placement over nonprofit ads.
How These Grants Benefit Your Organization:
Remember, the more frequently your ads appear in Google search results, the more people will become aware of your organization, the services you offer, and the your mission.
This could mean more donations and more volunteers – the lifeblood of every nonprofit!
Here are several examples of what $10,000 monthly ($329 per day) grant could do for your organization:
- It could result in getting over 5,000 website visitors to your website every single month! That would be roughly 60,000/year, most of which probably would have never found your organization otherwise.
- It could help you dramatically expand your database of supporters. When people visit your website and subscribe you’ve grown your volunteer force.
- It can help you take your nonprofit’s online donations to the next level.
The Google Ad Grants program brings you the power of Google AdWords to help you create a custom marketing strategy to help your nonprofit achieve its goals.
How to Get Started:
- Make sure your organization is a nonprofit organization and that it’s located in one of the countries listed above where Google Ad Grants is available.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for TechSoup and go through the set up process of authenticating your nonprofit organization.
- If you are eligible, you’ll need to apply for a Google for Nonprofits account by clicking here.
- When you receive an Ad Grants pre-qualification approval, then complete the steps found in the Ad Grants enrollment guide to properly set up your account.
- Once you’ve created your account and set up your campaign, submit your account for review.