In our last post, we covered a great resource for nonprofit organizations: Google Ad Grants. In this article, we will discuss the platform that you need to leverage in order to qualify for Google Ad Grants and many other nonprofit discount and grant programs. The platform is TechSoup, and it could easily save your organization a ton of money.
TechSoup is a global platform that coordinates access to discounted products and services for nonprofit organizations in over 236 territories and countries. These products include both software and hardware resources, such as free Google Suite Business accounts, discounted wifi hotspots and computers, and round-the-clock managed IT services. Much like GuideStar, TechSoup is a trusted source for authenticating non-profits, so many service providers require you to validate your 501(c)(3) status using TechSoup.
How to qualify
Signing up and qualifying for TechSoup is easy. The only thing you need is your EIN number, which you can find from GuideStar if you don’t have it on you. From there, TechSoup will do the rest of the validation for you. If you are a newer nonprofit, you may need to provide additional documentation, such as letterhead with your organization’s logo. The support staff at TechSoup are more than happy to walk you through any further steps of validation if necessary.
Let’s Get Started
- First, create an account at https://www.techsoup.org/joining-techsoup/registration
- You’ll be asked to enter your EIN number to verify your organization and how you are associated with the organization that you are registering. You do not have to be employed by the organization to register them on TechSoup, however, you should be associated with the organization and have their explicit permission to create this account.
- Verification can take anywhere from 2 to 10 days. Once you are verified, you’ll be able access any of the great resources on TechSoup.
What kind of resources are there?
Once you are validated, you have a wealth of available services at your fingertips. Again, a lot of these resources are free, and others are available at a massive discount compared to market prices. For example:
- Managed Help Desk services for just $55
- 10 Microsoft Office 365 licenses for free
- Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps for $5
- Google Suite for Nonprofits for free
- Mobile Hotspot with 1-year of service for $135
- QuickBooks Online Plus for 1-year with 5 users for $50
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 for $419
- Dell Latitude E6440 Laptop with Windows 10 for $336.00
There are hundreds of donations available to qualified organizations. Click here to check out the full catalog!
Get Out There!
TechSoup has been a vital platform for us and the nonprofit organizations that we work with. We hope that we can help spread the word on services like these for any nonprofit. Whether your organization is just starting up or a veteran in your field, there is sure to be a couple of things from TechSoup that could greatly benefit you.